Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

OK. I'm a drver ho

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

windowsurfer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: OK. I'm a drver ho

Total driver ho - I am one. No doubt.

I bought a driver, used, craigslist. Gamed her last nite and it did what it was supposed to!! Saints be praised for $75 (St. Mullligan, I think, is the patron of whackf*ck.)

GEEK Golf "Dot Com This" or DCT. A weird name for a great driver head. Won a ton of long drive competitions, but supposed to be good for us mortals too. Neutral head. 9 degree loft. Lively bugger.

Reg flex Accra T50 ("M3" in the parlance of ACCRA -- the spendy designer shaft in this thing) Same length 44.5" as my NVG and TE.

My NVG 10.5* with draw bias = stupid long but too hooky
My NVG2 10.5* with stiff, heavy, boardy shaft = fairly long but slices any bad swing way foul behind the 1B dugout
My Exotics 12* = a buddy may need this as a life preserver, he hits it better than me anyway

So, HO that I am, I went shoppin! Reg shaft so I can swing ernie els eassssssy and still get decent distance. Neutral face angle so i can VERK the ball or at least not 'ook. 9* to bring it down and get the roll-out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Geek-Golf-DCT-9-Driver-/190444847214?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item2c5765c06e#ht_500wt_947

Glad I got that off my chest.

Now my Cally Tour ix's may be a bit too low flyin for this low-low no-spin driver set-up. BUT, I love-love-love'em around the green. I see a buddy use the TM Black, which spins on wedges like fury, but is a little higher on the chart for drvr trajectory than the ix. Maybe I'll try one?

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=470217

P.S. - DM said accurately that lessons might be btr n another driver, but WTF . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Your bag All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: