I just bought Addict+ and am using the oobgolf app on Android. My initial review is that the app is ok, but it is certainly missing some functionality that I view as essential. My brother was using Golf Card Pro, which has some nice features, but is also lacking in many areas. In my opinion, this area is ripe for the taking as there are no great golf apps out there yet. I am amazed and disappointed at the selection thus far, especially given how long Android has been out now.
Onto what I think is needed:
1) Scorecard view - This was covered above, but cannot be said enough times. Your-Golf actually has a very good handle on this and you could/should just copy what they have done.
2) Email Scores - The oobgolf app allows me to keep score for my foursome, but does not allow me to email my foursome the results. Again, Your-Golf already does this very well, copy what they have and you'll be fine. Just use the built-in Android send-to functions and allow us to email the scorecard to others in our contact list.
3) Foursome Scoring - This can be done much better and in fact needs to be done much better in the oobgolf app. You allow me to keep the score for my foursome, but then at the end of the round, it just seems to disappear. That is unacceptable and you need to have the ability to at least email it as I said above, but you really need to save it to oobgolf.com. I am actually gong to take this a step further and say that you need to allow me to keep score and send it directly to my friends oobgolf accounts. Have some kind of token associated with their ID that I have to input and then save it to their account.
4) Better shot tracking - Again, please refer to Your-Golf for an acceptable way to handle this. I am sure that it can be done better, but you need to have something at least. For example, when I say that I am teeing off with whatever club, make me mark the tee box and then make me mark where it landed. Right now, I am doing to many steps. I mark what club I am using, then I have to go to measure and click start, then I walk to my ball, hit end to find the distance and then have to manually put that distance in. There needs to be a way to automatically put that in. Maybe just put a small button next to the tee off distance that I can hit when teeing off and hit again when I get to the ball and whatever distance it gets can be put in.
There should also be some ability to track all of my shots. I would really like to get an overall view of how I am hitting all of my clubs and this can give that to me. For example, you should be able to track all of my shots and then tell me on average how far I hit my 7 iron. If I am putting in ever club I hit, you will also know how many shots I have and then I can add puts and you can fill in my overall score.
5) Better UI - I am not sure exactly how to put this, but I feel as though there should always be a distance at least to the center of the green in a corner someplace. Put it in the upper right hand corner so I can always see it rather than me having to go to another tab. If I want a more detailed view, I can click it, but at least give me a summary at all times.
6) More GPS info - I am not sure if this is possible, or what needs to be done, but I have seen it in other places. You need to have the GPS distances to other obstacles...sand traps and water mainly.
7) Website Stat Layout - This needs to be laid out better than it is. Right now, you have 3 columns and just list whatever stats I ask for. They are hard to read and follow like that. There are certain stats that go together and you should group them together, toss a newline in there and keep them together. For example, Eagles/Birdies/Pars/Bogies/Double Bogies+ should all be in their own little group together.
That is all that I can think of off the top of my head right now. Will post more if they come up.