Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Your Game - distance off the tee

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

andycook

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Your Game - distance off the tee

Your Game summary shows average distance off the tee. How about breaking that out by par 3 - par 4 - par 5 holes? I don't use a driver off the tee on a par 3 or even many par 4 holes but averaging all distances off the tee makes it look like I only manage 130 off the tee.
srogers13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject:

If you do not enter a distance for your drives on par 3s, it does not affect your averages.
andycook

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject:

What you say is true but I don't think the answer is to not record data. I enter distance for all clubs off the tee. One of the reports available gives distance by club. I would have less data if I skipped the par 3s especially since I play a lot of par 3 holes.
ebkruger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject:

For par 3's I record my tee shot in the approach field so that it doesn't affect the driving distance.
Werepuppie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Just for the record.The driving distance stat here on oob is a little misleading.
I believe that the pro stat is based on only 4 holes per course.These holes are selected in advance.They are long and straight holes that call for a Driver off the tee.
This allows the stat to reflect a more accurate record off a golfers distance off the tee.
andycook

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Interesting and good to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Ideas to Improve All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: