Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Time to talk about your balls
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What brand of Ball do you play most?
Titleist
24%
 24%  [ 14 ]
Taylormade
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Callaway
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Bridgestone
26%
 26%  [ 15 ]
Nike
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
TopFlite
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Slazenger
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pinnacle
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Srixon
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Other
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 57

Author

Matt F

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject:

1 Favorite Ball - Bridgestone B330-RX Optic Yellow.
2 Backup Ball - Bridgestone E5.
3 Variation Ball - whatever experienced ball I find.
4 Do you always play white - No.
5 Do you think Yellow is Snobby - No. I can follow the flight better.
6 Can Men play Pink or Red - Up to the player, not the speculator.
7 Can you tell how good the ball is by playing, or only by price tag - playing.
8 Whats the most balls lost in a round - Dunno, somewhere around 6 or so.
9 Most lost in a hole - 2...a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited by Matt F on Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
DougE

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject:

Looking at the poll results so far, I think it's interesting that Bridgestone is played far more than Titleist. On Tour, Titleist is played 4 to 1 over any other brand. And, I think I find more lost Titleists out on the course than all other brands put together. Is Bridgestone an Oobgolf niche thing? (BTW, I too play Bridgestone as my primary ball.)

Bryan K

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject:

DougE wrote:
Looking at the poll results so far, I think it's interesting that Bridgestone is played far more than Titleist. On Tour, Titleist is played 4 to 1 over any other brand. And, I think I find more lost Titleists out on the course than all other brands put together. Is Bridgestone an Oobgolf niche thing? (BTW, I too play Bridgestone as my primary ball.)

I have a few theories on this.

First of all, Bridgestone makes good balls, but I don't think their high end balls are anywhere near as good as a ProV dispite being just as expensive. However, I do think that their mid-range balls (like the E5) ranks considerably better than anything anyone else makes for the same price. However, everyone knows that the ProV is the best ball on the market, so that's what everyone who wants to show off how much money they can throw at the game will get. Hence, a lot more of them are lost.

Interestingly, with the people I play with the most regularly, I believe Bridgestone ranks just behind Titleist as being the most used ball. I also have my regular playing partner who uses a Pinnacle, and another close friend who uses a Callaway. But with everyone else who has a preference, it's either Titleist or Bridgestone.

I would be using the ProV right now if I could afford it. I'm using the E5 because it's the best ball I can afford.
DougE

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Bryan K wrote:
DougE wrote:

I have a few theories on this.

First of all, Bridgestone makes good balls, but I don't think their high end balls are anywhere near as good as a ProV dispite being just as expensive. However, I do think that their mid-range balls (like the E5) ranks considerably better than anything anyone else makes for the same price. However, everyone knows that the ProV is the best ball on the market, so that's what everyone who wants to show off how much money they can throw at the game will get. Hence, a lot more of them are lost.

Interestingly, with the people I play with the most regularly, I believe Bridgestone ranks just behind Titleist as being the most used ball. I also have my regular playing partner who uses a Pinnacle, and another close friend who uses a Callaway. But with everyone else who has a preference, it's either Titleist or Bridgestone.

I would be using the ProV right now if I could afford it. I'm using the E5 because it's the best ball I can afford.

Actually the E5 is an excellent ball and one of only two mid-priced balls with a urethane cover. (I think Nike has the other 30 dollar ball with urethane cover.) I spoke with Bridgestone when looking for the best mid-priced ball as an alternative to the B330RXS which I also play. They recommended the new 2011 E5, with 'dimple in dimple' urethane cover, over their E6 or E7 as the ball that would be closest to the RXS. I bought 3 dozen, and so far, really like them. I also play the E6 and E7 (last year's model) and like them as well, generally speaking, but the new E5 is nicer around the green in my opinion.

Carrying almost all Titleist clubs in my bag, you would think I would play Titleist balls, but other than the NXT Tour, which I play occasionally (and also like), I am pretty much playing Bridgestones.

Even though Titleist is #1 on Tour, by a wide margin, Bridgestones have been making them nervous for awhile now, as their market share continues to creep up, well into the #2 slot. A survey among Oobers showing Bridgestone is number one in our little community would not go over well with Titleist execs.

Matt F

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject:

Bryan,

I don't want to start an argument, but the best ball on the market is the one you like the most. For me, it's Bridgestone, others might think Srixon, you're obviously a Titleist fan.

Personally, ProV's feel like a rock to me. My 2c.

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Your bag All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: