Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Different Ball Poll...

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What ball in these price ranges do you primarily use:
> $40
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
$30 - $40
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
$20 - $30
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
< $20
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

Author

royroger82

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Different Ball Poll...

All makers make balls in different price ranges. To look at a poll that shows that most would use Bridgestone, it is hard to tell if they are using the higher priced/mid priced/lower priced ball.

Select the price range use primarily use. Me, I am a cheap b@$!#rd so I refuse to spend more than $20 on a dozen balls and usually look for bargains like 15 or 24 balls in the $20 - $25 range.

How about you?
DougE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject:

I could only click one choice in the poll, however I play two different levels, depending upon a number of different factors of which I won't bore you with. Let's just say I'm more selective as to when I use the more expensive ball. Primarily, I play the Bridgestone B330RXS which is a $45 ball, and the Bridgestone E5 2011 version, which is a $30 ball. I usually find specials and rarely pay full price for any golf balls.

jev

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject:

I just switched to cheap balls: Callaway warbird. They are pretty hard balls, generating less spin than my previous weapon of choice. I hope that'll work better in the windy conditions that we've been fighting against for most of the season - certainly more than usual!

I never purchase new though, lakeballs all the way. At prices < $1 per ball (AAA condition) I don't complain.

tkgolf06

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject:

I like the mid range balls,they play the best for my game. My favorites are taylormade burner tour and callaway diablo... Twisted Evil

hollywoodtimb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject:

I'm back to using NIKE SFT and Crush balls this year after spending a year using the Srixon Soft Feel and Z-Star balls.

No reason for the switch from Srixon as I was really happy with them, but my BRAIN tells me I play better with NIKE balls because I coincidentally played a few good rounds with them at the end of last season and well.... you can't mess with your mental game and so I go with it! The president of NIKE is happy for my $20. Srixon may go bankrupt.

bkuehn1952

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject:

As a chea ... frugal golfer, I rarely pay for golf balls. One of my credit cards allows me to get a dozen now & then with my "points". I suppose technically I am paying for those but the card company gets -0- from me other than the balance due so I consider them a gift.

I also look to score new balls (i.e. the TaylorMade give away) through other channels and supplement the supply with foundlings.

dc8ce

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject:

I'm now gaming the Penta TPs. I used those when I did my club fittings for my irons & driver so I went out and bought a sleeve to try on the course. I liked them a lot, so I started bargain hunting.

Lot's of websites were doing buy 2 dozen get one free, but the Golf Warehouse (tgw.com) had that offer on top of Taylormade's choose your own number customization. So now I have 3 dozen (actually 2+ dozen - I've lost a few already Smile ) Pentas with the number 15 on them.

Bryan K

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject:

I always buy recycled, so this is somewhat of a misleading question. I have no idea what new golf balls cost.

mjaber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject:

I've been playing Titleist x-outs from Wal-mart. $10/doz for DTs and NXTs.

When I can't find the x-outs, I play the Titleist DT SoLo at $20/doz.

I have 3 dozen Nike Karma's to try out, though, from a giveaway at the local golf shop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Your bag All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: