Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

What did you PRACTICE today?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

birdieXris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: What did you PRACTICE today?

We have what did you shoot today, but more importantly who among us is practicing? Like really bearing down at the range or even at the course and hitting 5 or 6 balls to practice a shot?

Monday i went to the range and seemingly was swinging well. Seemingly to the outside world. In reality i was consistently pulling the ball about 20 yards to the left. Not an alignment problem. Today i fixed the problem. Today's practice was shoulder turn. I made sure to turn away from the ball and take my dominant (right) eye off the ball and watch it with my left. This put my hands in the proper position and got them much higher than they are normally (also something i've been working on). I also added some distance as well which is always nice. I think since the beginning of the season i've put on an average of about 15 yards and lowered my dispersion to about 5 yards either direction. Very happy with the result overall.
SteveMM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject:

I practiced pitching with my gap wedge In my side yard today. I've been having a problem not coming down on the ball enough, which is ruining my approach shots.

hollywoodtimb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to work on getting a good night's rest. I play at 7:42 tomorrow and want to be at my best! Smile

Iam Ironman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Full wedges; I've been trying to get more yardage out of them than I should ... lag putting/2-putting from 35+ feet. Too many 3 putts on GIR.
What I found: hit a controlled swing with short clubs, don't be shy about hitting more club. On long putts, keep a solid base but don't fight upper body turn.
We'll see how it works out tomorrow. I'll probably stick every pin from 175 out, ha ha
DougE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject:

I practice almost every day that I don't play. I work on chipping from around the green, every time I practice, but always focus on at least one other area as well, each day. What I don't do is bang balls with no purpose other than to bang balls. I always have a specific practice plan/drills when I go to the range or work around the practice green. I hate putting practice, but I force myself at least once a week. It does help.

gpickin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject:

Last time in, i practiced chipping around the green.
58 degree vs 54 vs 50 around the green... and hybrid from the fringe.
I was surprised how well i could use the hybrid.

Today, i tried a few things.
First, worked on my hybrid stance. I top it a lot, so worked on that... i managed to widen my stance to lower my plane, worked well.

I compared my 56 and my 6 iron from my taylormade r9s to my old clubs, to see if there was a value in the new ones, OH HELL YES was the answer.

I also tried to draw my hybrid, i am trying to add shots to my arsenal for getting out of trouble.
I also worked on hybrid punches, again for out of tree trouble.

also, had to try out my brothers new 8.5 degree tour Callaway Octance. Nice... once i remembered it was X stiff, i was hitting it pretty well.

That was my week (resting my wrist as much as i could).

guzzlingil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject:

I never practice....

Bryan K

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject:

Saturday, I worked on hitting my irons on the range. It didn't go well. Sunday, I played 18 horribly. Monday, I mostly worked on tempo with my irons, and I did figure out what I was doing wrong. I'm having trouble covering the ball..keeping my left shoulder down at impact. I do it with my irons and my driver. But mostly, my "practice" on Monday was to try to loosen up my left shoulder muscle, which I have been having trouble with over the last few weeks.

On Tuesday, I played nine and worked on some lag putting after the round for about a half an hour before the mosquitoes started eating me for dinner. Last night, I played another nine and was chipping so well, I decided to have at it on the practice green for another half hour before, again, the mosquitoes started eating me alive.

I want to get back on the range to work on my irons again. I'm oh-so-close to geting back to where I was before work rudely interrupted my summer. I felt like I had the ability to consistently shoot in the 80's, but I lost my swing in my time away from the course.

gpickin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject:

Couldn't sleep last night, so was thinking golf for quite a while.

I forgot some other things I was working on.

I moved the ball back in my stance, and was working on hitting down on the ball. I never hit down, so I was trying it out, hitting it pretty well. Its a good feeling when you do it well. I just need to record some with the camera, and see how the contact actually looks.

I have been struggling with my distance with my R9 AW (50 degrees) and my XFT 54 and 58 wedge.
I hit my 58 54 and 50 and was guaging distances on a part of the range i could actually see their landings.
I think I have more confidence in the distances now, at least the difference between them.

Feels like I covered a lot this week, for only 2 times out, not bad.

Can't wait to actually play again.

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject:

I never practice either. I get out of the car, take two practice swings, like I do on every shot, and get the show on the road.

jrbizzle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject:

We talkin 'bout practice....

guzzlingil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject:

my "practice" includes two Bud Red fence posts, (AKA Swing Grease)some stretching, maybe 10 balls on the range and a few putts....

Iam Ironman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject:

couple of swings, a few putts and a 12-pack is warming up

birdieXris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Today was an extension of my shoulder turn exercise . and my taekwondo class I tried to concentrate on making bigger turns and keeping my balance as we were moving forward . also just did some mental exercises to keep my mind on things .

legitimatebeef

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject:

I went over the the Golf Club at Chelsea Piers, which is the place for Manhattan people to practice golf by hitting out to a converted pier in the Hudson river. I started with a few chips on the astroturf green, and that went pretty well. Keepin those hands ahead, crisp contact. Then I went to the bays and hit about sixty balls with 6 and 8 irons, trying to ingrain a shorter flatter backswing. It was rough going but some progress was made however miniscule.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: