Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Anti-Handicap

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

mthomps3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Anti-Handicap

First off, love the site; excellent course finder.

Had a suggestion for another stat I hope you'll consider. I suggest you calculate an anti-handicap alongside the handicap. Used together the two caps show the the consistency (or lack of) in your scores. It lets you see the top and bottom and bottom of your game.

This link describes its purpose and how to calculate it:
http://www.popeofslope.com/guidelines/anti.html

Here's a an excerpt that shows why it'd be an interesting stat:
The problem with handicaps is they're one dimensional. On paper, a 6 is a 6 is a 6. On the course, Harry's 6 translates to: "He'll break 80 consistently," but Ralph's means, "He'll shoot 90 as often as he shoots 78."...

But there is a number that will reveal a player's true strength against handicap. It's your anti-handicap, or what your Handicap Index would be were it based on the worst 10, not the best 10, of your last 20 scores. Anti-handicap addresses the shakiness quotient.

The difference between your Handicap Index and your anti-handicap measures your consistency. Subtract your Handicap Index from your anti-handicap. If the number is 5 or less, consider yourself steady. If it's 15 or more, you should be looking for a more consistent partner.
klangdon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, pretty interesting idea for us to look into. I think that our average score provides a little of this feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Ideas to Improve All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: