Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Introduce Yourself or RE-INTRODUCE Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Bryan K

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Foreigner alert

Fireworkz77 wrote:
Hi Guys

My OOB Name is Fireworkz77
Real name Ed.
From Dublin, Ireland

Just a beginner but I absolutely love the game. Playing about 3 years now and am captain of my Jobs golf society. We just played the K Club Ryder Cup Course (which held the Ryder Cup 2006) last Sunday and what a course it is.

Favorite course would have to be The Heritage in Co. Laois. This course was host to the Seve Trophy which is a ryder cup format match between GB & Ire and Europe. You guys ever played in Ireland? You gotta come and check it out

Laterz

I have a couple of good friends who live in Ireland who call your four seasons "Fall, Winter, Spring, and Typhoon." Ha. I'd love to visit Ireland. It's on my bucket list. Fact is, though, I've never left America,. Perhaps someday.

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject:

My grandfather came to the US from County Cork. I've never been there but plan to go soon. I plan to play St Andrews on the same trip.

Duke of Hazards

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Did a bit of traveling before I had kids. Honestly, Ireland is one of the few places that lives up to your imaginings/expectations. Stayed in a little thatch roofed cottage in a tiny little village called Kilfinane, about 15 miles east of the road from Limerick to Cork. 850 people, 5 pubs. Ireland is awesome. I'd love to go back and play golf there someday. BTW, Merlin- Cork (the city) was among our favorite places we visited.

CeeBee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject:

Where are you PLAYER?
drewshafer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject:

Oob Screen Name: Drewshafer
Name: Drew Shafer
Home: Greencastle, In
Home Course: Windy Hill Country Club, Member
Slope Rating 68.8 / 119
Rounds per week: Average 5-6 in season
Rounds per year: Played 115 rounds last year (I track everything...lol)

Work: Architect

Years at the Game: Have played for about 16 years, and the last 6 seriously where I work on game alot and spend a ton of time at the range. Went from a 18 to a 7 in that time frame. Just stumbled on this website and happy to see all the features to help track / improve my game.

Presently play:
Callaway Diablo Driver
Ping G15 Fairway Wood
Taylor Made Burner Rescue
Taylor Made 2009 Burner Irons
Cleveland Wedges
Scotty Cameron American Classic Putter
Callaway Black Ball
bkuehn1952

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject:

drewshafer wrote:
Oob Screen Name: Drewshafer
Name: Drew Shafer
Home: Greencastle, In

Welcome to the group. Hope to see your comments on a regular basis.

Jbeck

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject:

I'm in,
Oob Screen Name: Jbeck
Name: Jeff
Home: Thompsontown,PA
Home Course: Lost Creek Golf CLub
Rounds per week: Average 2
Rounds per year: 60 roughly
Work: custom kitchen sales and design

Years at the Game: Got hooked bad at the age of 24, that means 21 years at it.

About me, I have 2 daughters, ages 6 and 9. Both love to hit the course with their Dad. I live at the bottom of Tuscarora Mountain where I hunt and cut firewood. I live 100 yards from the Juniat river where I fish when it's to dark to golf. I live 10 minutes from lost creek golf course where I work hard on my HACKURACY. LOL

Favorite course just changed this week to Tobacco Road in NC.

that should be it

LBlack14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject:

New member here so I'll play along....

Oob Screen Name:LBlack14
Name: Landon
Home: Mason, Ohio
Home Course: None

Rounds per week: 1-2 in season
Rounds per year: Depends on weather, but 30-40
Age (Range): 46
Work: I've been working @ golf courses since 1988. Now employed at 1 of the top practice facilities/learning centers in the Tri-State

Presently play: Too many to list. I'm a club junkie and sometime I'll show you pics of what I mean. I also like to build, tinker, buy, sell and trade equipment. If you want or need something give me a holler and I'll see if I can help. Last round that I played:
Mizuno JPX800 9* Fubuki
Adams Insight Tech A4 Fwy/Hyb 15*& 18* Matrix Ozik 70
Adama Idea Tech A4R 5-PW Apollo Spectre Lites
Taylormade '09 Rescue TP Voodoo RVS8
Sonartec t46 EC wedges 52* & 56* DGS200
Taylormade Spider Vicino CS

Last edited by LBlack14 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
DougE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Welcome Landon. Hope to see you here often.

LBlack14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Sir. How long has the site been around, if you don't mind me asking? How do I fix settings and such? Whe I post it leaves the page and i have to then click on a link to get back to the post.
DougE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject:

LBlack14 wrote:
Thanks Sir. How long has the site been around, if you don't mind me asking? How do I fix settings and such? Whe I post it leaves the page and i have to then click on a link to get back to the post.

I think it started in 05 or 06. I have only been a member the last 2 1/2 years or so. Once I found it, I became addicted to it.

The golf settings you choose to track can be found at the right side of the nav bar above. (Your Settings)

As far as posting in the forums, once you hit Submit after writing your post, the page will disappear, but there should be a new page which gives you an option to see your post or to return to the forums.

If that doesn't help, then I might need more info to understand exactly what the issue is that you are having.

LBlack14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject:

That's the issue. I'm a member at several golf sites and most, after you post, go to the post instead of leaving the page.

barbajo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Newbie from MN

HI gang - been part of this site since last summer, just starting to get involved in the forums.

Oob Screen Name: barbajo
Name: John
Home: Prior Lake, MN
Home Course: new member this year - Crystal Lake Golf Club, Lakeville, MN http://crystallakegolfcourse.com/
Slope Rating: 132
Rounds per week: 2, maybe 3 depends on work
Rounds per year: 40+

Age (Range): 51

Work: Hydronic heating trainer

Years at the Game: Played lots in my 20's (miss persimmons), then former wife complained. New company in 2007 with a golfing culture (my boss is scratch!), new wife likes it when I play 'cause it makes me happy. I clearly don't deserve this wonderful woman - she's insisting I buy new irons this year and not go cheap!

Love playing and improving. Peaked at a 9 HI two years ago - best round of 75 - but dropped to 11.5 last year...lost 60 lbs and developed serious OTT - not sure if they're related. it's getting warmer here in Minnesota, first outdoor range opened yesterday -- with some courses planning to open this weekend.

Dream courses: St. Andrews (played the one in NY - not the same), Augusta, Pebble, Cyprus

Favorite courses -- Stonebrooke (Shakopee, MN), Red Tail (Devens, MA), Fossil Trace (Denver, CO).

Enjoy reading what you guys have to say about the game, equipment, etc. Hope y'all have a great golf season!

Bryan K

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie from MN

barbajo wrote:
HI gang - been part of this site since last summer, just starting to get involved in the forums.

I think you are officially the closest person to me on the site! Welcome.

Quote:
Home Course: new member this year - Crystal Lake Golf Club, Lakeville, MN [url]

I played Crystal Lake in the fall of '10. I liked the course a lot even though I did play on freshly aerated greens. I found a couple of holes on the back nine, particularly number 13, to be especially difficult.

My sister lives just off the north shore of Crystal Lake, so you'd think that I'd play it a lo tmore often. But I like to take her kids golfing, so I have to consider that when picking a course.

I see you've played Heritage Links. I think that's my favorite of all of the courses I've played in the Twin Cities area. There were a couple of holes in particular that I thought were very cool, including the short par 4 on the back nine with the deep bunker protecting the green. Guess where I ended up? My drive was wedged in the dropoff on the backside of the bunker.

barbajo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie from MN

Quote:
I played Crystal Lake in the fall of '10. I liked the course a lot even though I did play on freshly aerated greens. I found a couple of holes on the back nine, particularly number 13, to be especially difficult.

My sister lives just off the north shore of Crystal Lake, so you'd think that I'd play it a lo tmore often. But I like to take her kids golfing, so I have to consider that when picking a course.

I see you've played Heritage Links. I think that's my favorite of all of the courses I've played in the Twin Cities area. There were a couple of holes in particular that I thought were very cool, including the short par 4 on the back nine with the deep bunker protecting the green. Guess where I ended up? My drive was wedged in the dropoff on the backside of the bunker.

13 at Crystal is a challenge -- have lost a few balls in the trees to the left on 2nd shots. Really like the par 3's on that course. Was a member at Heritage Links last year -- won the membership at a Rotary Club silent auction....seems like it's ALWAYS windy there! Some nice holes - 11, 14 and 17 were my favorites, but it wasn't enough to want to rejoin. Been in that bunker on 13 more times than I can count...

Ever play Stonebrooke when you're here? My favorite reasonably priced track in southwest metro.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: