Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Who is you current favorite golfer........

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Message

 
guzzlingil

Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 726

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Who is you current favorite golfer........

Reply with quote


I am liking this kid Keegan Bradley..
 
falcon50driver

Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Reply with quote


Phil Mickelson
Werepuppie

Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Posts: 377

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Reply with quote


Paula Creamer
 
legitimatebeef

Joined: 09 May 2010
Posts: 860

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Reply with quote


Besides myself I like Steve. Stricker that is. I admire the golf game and appreciate his humble nature. I think he might be the only one among the elite golfers today who is truly humble. It makes him an oddity. Let's face it to play great golf you have to be a bit of an ass, you have to have a steadfast belief in yourself which usually manifests itself in cockiness or arrogance. Steve embodies let your clubs do the talking better than anyone else in the world. A top 5 in the world golfer who stays in his Wisconsin home even thru the winter and stays sharp by hitting balls out of a heated trailer into the frozen tundra, just because he likes where he's from. In a sport full of copycats Steve is one of the true originals. Even Tiger looks up to him.
Matt F

Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 538

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject:

Reply with quote


Jason Day. Good game, just a few tweaks needed and he'll go a long way. Very mature for a kid in his early 20's and very down to earth.
DougE

Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 986

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject:

Reply with quote


Tiger is still tops on my list for favorite golfer (not person).

However, I also root for Phil, Paula, Strick and Keegan, of late, as well as Bubba, Rickie, Freddie, Rory, Ernie, Paddy, Kuchar, Kenny Perry, and talk about a fun guy and humble guy to be around, Rocco Mediate.

One of my all time favorites: Lee Trevino.

Love to watch the girls too, some for different reasons. Paula is my favorite (duh), but Annika, Christie Kerr, Ryann O'Toole, Juli Inkster, Yani Seng, Natalie Gulbis and Michelle Wie always keep me interested.

And, let's not forget Sara Brown from Big Break.
 
jev

Joined: 17 Apr 2010
Posts: 672

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject:

Reply with quote


My fav golfer is Freddie Couples. Second: Martin Kaymer. Being a Dutchie, my favorite ladies golfer must be Christel Boeljon Wink.
 
player

Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 480

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Reply with quote


Jack Nicklaus
 
legitimatebeef

Joined: 09 May 2010
Posts: 860

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Reply with quote


DougE wrote:
Tiger is still tops on my list for favorite golfer (not person).


It's funny how these days any self-respecting person has to offer some kind of disclaimer before admitting that they appreciate Tiger's golf game. Come on! The guy has only won 70-odd PGA events plus the career grand slam thrice, etc. You could divvy up the Tiger achievements into at least three separate hall of fame careers. He was a golf legend before he even turned pro. Historically Tiger is in extremely elite company, like in the top 2 or 3 of all time. People nowadays act like Tiger Woods is just some overhyped over-rated has been that the media arbitrarily picked to train its focus on. Like it or not the guy has done some stuff in this game, hundred years from now golf fans will most likely still be marveling at the accomplishments. Alls I'm saying is that its OK to say one is a Tiger fan, it doesn't make you a bad person.

I like Sara Brown too, and I like Michelleee--now there's someone to be ashamed of being a fan of. A snooty ditzy entitled rich girl, someone who exploited the PGA tour for her own financial gain. But she and her golf swing are good for ogling.
DougE

Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 986

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Reply with quote


legitimatebeef wrote:
DougE wrote:
Tiger is still tops on my list for favorite golfer (not person).


It's funny how these days any self-respecting person has to offer some kind of disclaimer before admitting that they appreciate Tiger's golf game. Come on! The guy has only won 70-odd PGA events plus the career grand slam thrice, etc. You could divvy up the Tiger achievements into at least three separate hall of fame careers. He was a golf legend before he even turned pro. Historically Tiger is in extremely elite company, like in the top 2 or 3 of all time. People nowadays act like Tiger Woods is just some overhyped over-rated has been that the media arbitrarily picked to train its focus on. Like it or not the guy has done some stuff in this game, hundred years from now golf fans will most likely still be marveling at the accomplishments. Alls I'm saying is that its OK to say one is a Tiger fan, it doesn't make you a bad person.

I like Sara Brown too, and I like Michelleee--now there's someone to be ashamed of being a fan of. A snooty ditzy entitled rich girl, someone who exploited the PGA tour for her own financial gain. But she and her golf swing are good for ogling.


Beef: I agree with you on all points. I am just a qualifier by nature. Can't help myself. I should have been a contract writer. I always try to anticipate others' perspectives. But you are right, I should not have to qualify the fact that I like Tiger best, even if I don't necessarily think he is the most honorable person. Damn, there I go again!
 
falcon50driver

Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Reply with quote


The question was... "Who's your favorite golfer" The answer is simple "A Name"... When someone asks you "What time is it?" It's not necessary to tell them how to build a watch.
Bryan K

Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 2437

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Reply with quote


merlin3driver wrote:
The question was... "Who's your favorite golfer" The answer is simple "A Name"... When someone asks you "What time is it?" It's not necessary to tell them how to build a watch.


That depends on the context. If someone asks me what time it is on the internet, there are quite a few facts that need to be asserted before a proper answer can be given.
 
CeeBee

Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 398

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject:

Reply with quote


Tiger Woods is my fav. I pull for him every event.
 
jrbizzle

Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 136

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject:

Reply with quote


I love the Tiger and Phil "rivalry", but when they are in contention against each other, I've always rooted for Phil. So for many years, that wasn't much fun. I give Phil a ton of credit for working on his physical conditioning, he's no Adonis, but not nearly as pudgy as he once was.

For the "youngsters" I really like McIlroy. He's starting to really mature in his game and physique. I just hope he doesn't overcook the fitness angle like Tiger did. Rory looks like he put on at least 10 pounds of muscle in the off season.

Sorry, don't mean to turn this into a fitness thing, but it's no secret that most of the world's best golfers - Nicklaus, Palmer, Player, Hogan, Norman, Woods - were powerful guys.
 
player

Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 480

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Reply with quote


Yeah but Michelle is smokin hot, who doesn`t love her?
That 16 year old girl who won in Dubai in december is also one to watch
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum