Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Four Putt!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

M.Nugent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Uphill putts are easier so it is better to go for the hole and have a 6 or 7 footer back than have 4 feet left downhill. In your case just hit a strong putt and if it goes off it should be ok still

mrtimb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Four Putt!!!!

jaaanson wrote:
Or, since I was so far away on the green, try pitching closer to the hole before I putted? jaaanson

I really wouldn't try that. Tho it's allowable, speaking as a golf course maint. employee, I'd have a fit if I saw someone pull out a wedge on the green and take a huge divot out of our carefully maintained greens. Wink

Personally, like m.nugent replied, I'd give it a run at the hole, hope to lag it close, and worst case scenario you have an uphill putt back at it that you can be aggressive with.

kidputter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Another option would have been to use an 8-iron or 6-iron like a putter. You can generally hit it farther while maintaining the control you have with your putter. If it rolls too far, like M.Nugent said. uphill is better. Go for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: