Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

What is the longest iron you have in your bag?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the longest iron you have in your bag (excluding hybrids)?
1 iron
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
2 iron
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
3 iron
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
4 iron
23%
 23%  [ 8 ]
5 iron
32%
 32%  [ 11 ]
6 iron
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
7 iron
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I play all hybrids
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 34

Author

Matt F

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: What is the longest iron you have in your bag?

I wanted to add a few more selections to the poll on the front page.

The longest iron I have in my bag is a 6 iron, and now, there are many sets that are almost all hybrids.
SteveMM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject:

Five iron, but I never, ever use it.

Bryan K

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject:

I don't like using my 5i either, and I really want to change it out for a hybrid. My 4h is my most consistent club in my bag.

But I think playing a full set of hybrids is bad for one's game. I have a set of A3's by Adams, and you simply cannot take a divot with them.

mjaber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject:

Up until last year, when I bought a new set, the longest I carried was a 7i. With the new, more forgiving clubs, I'm able to hit the 5i and 6i, so I've put them back in the bag.
SteveMM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject:

Bryan K wrote:
I don't like using my 5i either, and I really want to change it out for a hybrid. My 4h is my most consistent club in my bag.

But I think playing a full set of hybrids is bad for one's game. I have a set of A3's by Adams, and you simply cannot take a divot with them.

I carry a 24-degree hybrid that I just love. Looking at the charts, it's supposed to be equivalent to a four iron. The distance I get out of it is more like a five, though.

Duke of Hazards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject:

i have the Adams A3 set as well. I wish that I had a conventional 5-iron, it's one too many hybrids for me at this point, kind of limits what you can do in tougher lies as the A3 hybrids are pretty wide soled compared to the more 'tour-ey'/slimmer ones.

Bryan K

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject:

SteveMM wrote:
I carry a 24-degree hybrid that I just love. Looking at the charts, it's supposed to be equivalent to a four iron. The distance I get out of it is more like a five, though.

I carry a 19 and a 22, both TaylorMade Burner Rescue clubs. I don't hit the 19 very well unless I have it teed up, and there are a few holes I play regularly where that is the club I will use on the tee.

Bryan K

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Duke of Hazards wrote:
i have the Adams A3 set as well. I wish that I had a conventional 5-iron, it's one too many hybrids for me at this point, kind of limits what you can do in tougher lies as the A3 hybrids are pretty wide soled compared to the more 'tour-ey'/slimmer ones.

I never could hit those A3 hybrids at all. I was really disappointed with the entire set, to be honest.
sjduffers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject:

I have an all hybrid set, down to the pitching wedge. My next one will be including irons up to at least 6 (maybe 5) and I will keep the 4 and 3 hybrids from my current set. I just love those!

legitimatebeef

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject:

3 iron, we have a volatile relationship. I loathe it most of the time until I get that one pure strike and then we are back on.
Dusty23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject:

5 Iron, soon to replaced with a new 5 Iron

Duke of Hazards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Bryan K wrote:
Duke of Hazards wrote:

I never could hit those A3 hybrids at all. I was really disappointed with the entire set, to be honest.

Looks like you have the Adams MB Pro Blacks. Those look awesome. I'm thinking about switching to forged for my next set, since I get occassional distance anomalies with my current casted set. Are the muscle-backs a lot harder to hit?
jfurr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject:

At the moment, love the 4 iron, but can't hit the 20 deg hybrid (3). A few months ago, couldn't hit the 4 iron but loved the hybrid 4. Experimented for a while back then also with a "mashie" hybrid 5 - so easy to hit but tended to hook it. dang swing
SteveMM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Bryan K wrote:
SteveMM wrote:

I carry a 19 and a 22, both TaylorMade Burner Rescue clubs. I don't hit the 19 very well unless I have it teed up, and there are a few holes I play regularly where that is the club I will use on the tee.

I carry a 19 degree as well. Very useful for low punch shots. I can make it do what i want with those types of shots, but I can't make it do much else.
twouponetoplay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject:

I carry a 3 iron. I can hit it about 210 and right now I would rather have the 3iron from the rough than a 3 wood from the fairway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: