Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Driver fitting - worth it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Duke of Hazards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Driver fitting - worth it?

I want new stuff and am considering getting fitted for new clubs, starting with the Driver, later for irons.

I purchased my current Driver 'off the rack' about 4 yrs ago and am wondering what other peoples' experiences have been.

Was it worth it? Distance/accuracy (dispersion) gains? Anything you wish you knew going into it?

Any feedback is appreciated (and please no snide comments about how I should get fitted for a putter instead, thanks).
DougE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject:

You should be fitted for a putter instead! Laughing Couldn't help myself.

Seriously, you should definitely get fitted for a driver, but make sure it is from a good fitter. Just don't go into a big box store and take what they tell you as gospel. I did that and was disappointed. I ended up totally changing the set up and replacing the shaft after I bought their recommendation. They tried me on no more than three options and two settings (adjustable driver). Go to a real fitter. Someone who specializes in it. It's not that expensive.

barbajo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject:

DougE wrote:
You should be fitted for a putter instead! Laughing Couldn't help myself.

Seriously, you should definitely get fitted for a driver, but make sure it is from a good fitter. Just don't go into a big box store and take what they tell you as gospel. I did that and was disappointed. I ended up totally changing the set up and replacing the shaft after I bought their recommendation. They tried me on no more than three options and two settings (adjustable driver). Go to a real fitter. Someone who specializes in it. It's not that expensive.

Ditto! Fitting will not only help you get the right stuff for your swing, it'll also help you learn a lot about your game. Oh, and the putter fitting - abso-freakin-lutely do it!
Dusty23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Along with DougE and Barbajo, Definitely worth the effort.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> New sticks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: