Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Superstition....what are yours (golfing wise)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

mrcgamble

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Superstition....what are yours (golfing wise)

Just as the title says......I'll start with mine.

two gloves on front post of golf cart prior to round, four towels (one for clubs, one for myself, one for wrapping cell phone, and one to take for chip shots off the green to lay putter on), one sleeve of Taylor Made TP Blacks (two in pocket(marked diffrently so as to not mix balls on hole), one in cart holder).

Only one pocket contains anything two ball markers from Augusta National, Scotty Cameron pivot tool, and nine tees(six zero friction, and three longer wooden tees for driver)...I hit alot of hybrids and long irons and love the durability of the zero friction tees, for what it is worth.

Lets here em, I can't be the only one who is weird!

guzzlingil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject:

OMG dude....wow.

I don't like to hear the word "shank"......

I can't carry ANY balls in my pockets.

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject:

I checked to see how this routine was working for you, but no scores posted hear.(sp)

mrcgamble

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject:

Merlin, just joined this morning while at work, will get two rounds posted by Saturday. I play to a 6.7 right now. My introduction is in the introduction section. Just thought it might be fun to see if anybody else was OCD like me.

guzzlingil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject:

Welcome to the board....
birdieXris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject:

You know, i used to have "superstitions" i guess you'd call them. I didn't normally like to carry another ball in my pocket. I never played with my wallet in my back pocket. I had to mark my golf balls a certain way. Not so much anymore. the only thing i make sure to do is take my keys and cell phone out of my pockets. That's about it. Now, i'm a firm believer in Karma, so generally speaking i'll always fix my ball mark first, and then putt out. I'll also say thanks or sorry to the trees when i hit them. You know -- so they don't get angry.

mjaber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject:

I always have 1 long and 1 short tee tucked under the right side of my hat. Usually, for reasons unknown, the long tee stays there for the entire round, since I usually have some in my pocket as well. I'll use and replace the short tee during the round, though.

Never really thought about it until now... weird.

jrbizzle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: I used to have a superstition about tes on par 3s

being that I would NEVER use my own tee on a par 3. I would always find some broken off tee on the tee box and use that (I barely tee up the ball, maybe 1/8" out of ground for irons). I did that for years, until recently, when I started playing a lot of early morning golf. I found a couple instances where they had mown the tee box clean, and I couldn't find a used tee anywhere. I would end up walking around for minutes, or using one of my own and getting myself out of sorts.

So now, I always use my own tees.

Can't think of any superstitions other than that. Just replace your divots and fix your ball marks.

Jbeck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject:

I refuse to play after dark. I know it's kinda freaky but I won't do it. LOL Not really worried about anything.
DougE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: I used to have a superstition about tes on par 3s

jrbizzle wrote:
being that I would NEVER use my own tee on a par 3. I would always find some broken off tee on the tee box and use that (I barely tee up the ball, maybe 1/8" out of ground for irons). I did that for years, until recently, when I started playing a lot of early morning golf. I found a couple instances where they had mown the tee box clean, and I couldn't find a used tee anywhere. I would end up walking around for minutes, or using one of my own and getting myself out of sorts.

So now, I always use my own tees.

Can't think of any superstitions other than that. Just replace your divots and fix your ball marks.

Funny, I'm the exact opposite. I will NOT use someone else's broken tee. I always have to have a new one. I guess I feel a broken one might have some bad karma in it or something. I go through LOTS of tees each season. Thousands.
Dusty23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Like jrbizzle, I'll look for broken tee's on par 3's or par 4's where I'm using something other than Driver. But I will always look for one that is natural wood color, not white or some other color and never yellow. I don't buy colored tee's either.
joe jones

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Superstition

Not exactly to the point but I am a nut about repairing ball marks. I always repair at least 3. and will get up in anybodies face if they don't at least repair their own

guzzlingil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject:

If I have a "superstition".....I really don't like ANY tees within eye sight on the box when teeing off.......

I am thinking about carrying a Shop Vac....
Bryan K

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject:

I don't have any superstitions. In life or in golf.

I just try to keep a positive attitude all the time.

legitimatebeef

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject:

Bryan K wrote:
I don't have any superstitions. In life or in golf.

I just try to keep a positive attitude all the time.

Makes me think of the lyrics to the Stevie Wonder song. "When you believe in things you don't understand, you suffer". The game alone is enough to screw with your head, why complicate it even more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: