Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

So is that Legitimatebeef's turf on the video?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

bkuehn1952

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: So is that Legitimatebeef's turf on the video?

There is a video interview featuring Justin Timberlake while he is "playing" golf at a Muni in Brooklyn, NY.

The May 5, 2012 posting

http://www.armchairgolfblog.blogspot.com/

Matt F

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject:

I'd go with yes.

Banker85

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject:

that was funny, SNL hosts are never funny! JT is a cool cat.

legitimatebeef

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject:

Hehe nice catch Bri. It is indeed. However there is a bit of trickery involved there. They are actually playing on the First tee junior facility that abuts Dyker's 14th hole--that's what you see on the other side of the chainlink. The junior course is only six short holes, so they're not actually hitting drivers or playing an actual round in that video. But yes sir, that is where I do most of my business.
bkuehn1952

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject:

Not too many golf courses in the middle of Brooklyn so when they mentioned where they were, it clicked. A lot more trees than I imagined.

p.s. in looking at it again, they show the name of the golf course - duh!
jfurr

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject:

I saw this and thought of legitimatebeef...

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/blogs/wheres-matty-g/2012/05/next-stop-golf-in-new-york.html

notice they mapped the route by street not subway...

Beef I was in NYC/Brookland last Oct I thought about contacting you about playing but my trip was so short I decided not to bring the clubs.

legitimatebeef

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject:

jfurr wrote:
I saw this and thought of legitimatebeef...

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/blogs/wheres-matty-g/2012/05/next-stop-golf-in-new-york.html

notice they mapped the route by street not subway...

Beef I was in NYC/Brookland last Oct I thought about contacting you about playing but my trip was so short I decided not to bring the clubs.

Whoa man, that article tripped me out. For a split second I thought it was going to be about me. I am actually very surprised that I haven't met that guy before. You are right, they mapped out the road route to the course but the guy's train trip is very similar to mine. Definitely gonna look out for him. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Cheese cracker dude, you should absolutely hit me up next time you find yourself in the "Brookland" or NYC metro area. What on earth were you doing here anyways?

Come to think of it any Oob'ers who happen to be passing thru here and want to try a slice of some NYC golf, go ahead contact me. I am no Justin Timberland but I think I am an okay person to play a round with.

legitimatebeef

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject:

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Not too many golf courses in the middle of Brooklyn so when they mentioned where they were, it clicked. A lot more trees than I imagined.

Ya, it's in a residential neighborhood and its actually kind of a bucolic place. A couple holes run alongside streets but when you're in the middle of the course you can forget about the city for a little. There's a full array of flora and fauna, big old oak trees, geese, squirrels, nasty raccoons, red-tail hawks and what have you. Unfortunately there's also a woodsy area along the back nine where some neighborhood trash kids hang out. These losers live to steal flagsticks and yell homophobic slurs at golfers from the other side of the fence. Once in a while I have run-in's with them--I cannot stand what they do so whenever I see them I sprint after and challenge them to fight me. It's pathetic because they are such cowards, not at all tough like the stereotype of Brooklyn no-gooder, they have never once stood up for themselves, they just scream ugly words at you as they are scurrying away.

player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Justin timberlake was a character on one of the older versions of tiger woods pga tour(i think 2006). There was this mode called legends mode where you could play against justin and if you beat him you unlock him.
jfurr

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject:

legitimatebeef wrote:

Whoa man, that article tripped me out. For a split second I thought it was going to be about me. I am actually very surprised that I haven't met that guy before. You are right, they mapped out the road route to the course but the guy's train trip is very similar to mine. Definitely gonna look out for him. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Cheese cracker dude, you should absolutely hit me up next time you find yourself in the "Brookland" or NYC metro area. What on earth were you doing here anyways?

Come to think of it any Oob'ers who happen to be passing thru here and want to try a slice of some NYC golf, go ahead contact me. I am no Justin Timberland but I think I am an okay person to play a round with.

When I first saw that picture of a young golfer with stand bag in the subway listening to headphones I thought so too...

Visited a family member who works in Manhattan as a chef, he now lives in Central Park area, but at the time was way down in south Brooklyn ~ 74th street. So I took the R train I believe it was many times when visiting. I think that's the train to take to get to Dyker from Manhattan? If you ever walk past a place called Bagel Schmagel that's the area in Brooklyn we stayed.

We came up just for a few days. Saw a concert, ate out, walked around a bunch. Nothing too big. What was kind of cool though to get there we drove to D.C. and rode Amtrak in. Took this train called the Acela which is fast and comfortable. Could have easily brought my clubs aboard.

Last edited by jfurr on Sun May 06, 2012 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

CeeBee

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject:

I gotta play it now that Dyker is famous. I'll hit you up. Maybe catch a Yankee game while I am there.

legitimatebeef

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject:

CeeBee wrote:
I gotta play it now that Dyker is famous. I'll hit you up. Maybe catch a Yankee game while I am there.

Famous? Maybe d-list. But yeah if you're here its probably worth a go-round. It's a decent challenge. Normally you'd be spotting me what, three strokes? But factoring in local knowledge I think we could play straight up and have a good game. Surprised

legitimatebeef

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject:

jfurr wrote:

Visited a family member who works in Manhattan as a chef, he now lives in Central Park area, but at the time was way down in south Brooklyn ~ 74th street. So I took the R train I believe it was many times when visiting. I think that's the train to take to get to Dyker from Manhattan? If you ever walk past a place called Bagel Schmagel that's the area in Brooklyn we stayed.

That is the train, 86th street is the stop. You were actually very close by, you missed out! Last fall and winter was some of the best golf ever around here.
joe jones

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Beef..Dyker Beach

As an old Ft Hamilton street kid I'll make you a counter offer. I doubt I will ever return to the old hood again but if you find your way in the Phoenix area I have an empty seat on my golf cart and four full size courses to choose from. My only suggestion. Wait until the fall when the heat is more bearable
Werepuppie

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Hey Beef,I was looking at your scores and noticed that you never seem to play the courses close to
Dyker Beach.Is there a reason for this?I would think you might want a little variety.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: