Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Find a Playing Partner or Group in your area

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

DougE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Find a Playing Partner or Group in your area

Can someone point me to the right site? I'm looking for a place on-line with a large database of golfers, where one can search for local playing partners. Haven't found one yet that actually has more than a couple people signed up.

In the meantime, thought I might try starting a place here at OG. Though I don't expect much traffic, figured I'd give it a whirl anyway. Hopefully, you'll come here to hookup with other locals. Either set up a regular thing, or a one-time round, announce a local tourney or league, or even look for a partner from somewhere else in the country to meet up with on your next trip to Vegas, the Carolinas, Florida...or wherever.

Anyone want to play in the SW CT area? I play Oxford Greens, Grassy Hill CC, Orange Hills CC and Woodbridge CC. Open to play other courses in the area too. Afternoons best for me. Lkg for friendly, 15-30ish hdcpers. Love to put together a Saturday afternoon group for 2010 and a regular late day mid-week group as well. Email swanskpr@aol.com

kidputter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject:

I know how difficult it is to locate playing partners online. I have found a few when I lived in AZ , but since moving to TX have not.
You may have to try SEVERAL sites to find enough people to choose from. (Once you find them, get them to join here).
I love this site for the stat tracking, informational articles and the camaraderie I've developed with my new online friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: