Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Multiple hybrids in club off tee list
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

gamestar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Multiple hybrids in club off tee list

I saw some suggestions in previous posts about allowing a customized listing of the clubs displayed for the club off tee parameter. This probably goes along with that. I'm currently not playing hybrids but I'm planning on getting a 3 and 4 (possibly 5) hybrid. I noticed the only option in the club off tee list is hybrid. I'd like to see multiple options for the different hybrids like the irons and woods listed. Of course, the list is already pretty long which gets back to the whole customized listing idea.

BTW, great site. I recently went through a number of online scoring/stat sights including pay sites and oobgolf is by far the best IMO.

britishmutt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject:

+1 for this. I have three hybrids in my beginners kit which I use for driving. Right now I enter them as irons, which is OK, but for completeness I'd rather enter them as numbered hybrids.

bm~
monster13

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Completely agree, put a 1-iron in too please.... Smile
cjgiant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Now that I started using club off tee... the fact that my first keyboard choice moves me to the next hole is annoying. Getting to my 5i (even on a par 3) is annoying, b/c hitting 5 twice chooses 5w for two holes.

Others have posted about this, is there any way to remove the auto selection and movement to next hole with the onkeypress on that select box at least?

Bigacito

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject:

I too would like to see 1 iron, or even 1 iron hybrid, which I occasionally use to tee off with...
jeremyheslop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject:

It would be a great addition to have hybrids listed as well. I have a 3 and 4 Hybrid that came with my set. If I pick a hybrid in GolfCard it just shows up as Hy on the list instead of the correct club. So I'm not sure if I hit my 22 or 26 degree off the tee.
MattRob84

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject:

I play with 2 hybrids serving as my 3 & 4 irons also, it would be great too be able to have multiple hybrids to choose from

SingleDigits

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject:

It's also annoying that when you press 7, you get a 7 wood instead of a 7 iron, which is used more frequently.

MartijnL

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Kick,

Please add the hybrids to the stats listing. For example: I now have all the driving distances for the hybrids in one category which messes up the average because I use either a Hybrid 3 or Hybrid 2 (21 and 18 degrees respectively).

My iPhone app allows for tracking club off tee for hybrids but it would be nice to have the stats here reflects it as well.
DougE

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Wholeheartedly agree. Any chance to make this happen? Specific hybrids and 5i & 7i instead of 5W and 7W. Though I'm sure there are still many who play a 7W, and even more who play a 5W, my guess is they play their 5i and 7i a LOT more often, so defaulting to those makes far more sense. JMHO. If I could only get one though, specific hybrids would be my first choice and I can suffer through the 5/7 i/W thingy.

Thanks for a great site.
srogers13

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Let me add my vote for more hybrid, and the 5 and 7 default being irons.
MattRob84

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject:

can't believe oob hasn't gotten anywhere with this, it doesn't seem that it would be that hard to implement.

Kickntrue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject:

We'll revisit this.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re:

Kickntrue wrote:
We'll revisit this.

Thanks,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Many Oobers will be very happy about this. Look forward to the changes.

mjaber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject:

While we're addressing multiple hybrids, would it also make sense (since WedgeGuy has been talking about it so much) to be able to have a second PW off the tee (Stock PW vs. 48*)? I carry both, and do frequently use one or the other, or both during a round off the tee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Ideas to Improve All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: