Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Golflogix GPS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Augustachief

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Golflogix GPS

Got one the other day after seeing the infomercial on TV. Uploading the software was extremely easily and fast. I was up and golfing in less than 30 minutes after recieving the unit for "testing" purposes. So far I am impressed.

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject:

I bought the skycaddie when it first came out because it was the only golf GPS. I would have gone with Garmin had they made one back then. I like the fact that it is waterproof. How many courses can you have on it at a time? The sky caddie is limited to 10.
Augustachief

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject:

I can load up to 20 at a time. So far that has not been a problem. The only problem I have had so far is that my golfing buddy keeps taking it out of the cart and leaving his range finder with me.

sylar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject:

i use the FreeCaddie ([url]freecaddie.com[/url]) on my windows-based phone. i like it. it has fewer features, but the only extra cost is the bluetooth GPS device. another advantage, you can map any course yourself via their satellite-photo interface. really cool. keep as many courses on it as you want.

i figure, if i get a different phone (non-Windows) i'll keep this one as a pda solely for golf.

samwise7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject:

I just recieved my golflogix unit can't wait to take it out on the course. I did take it outside to see how long it took to get sattelite signals. It was around 15 minutes the first time, but after that it took less than an minute each time. Any one know how this unit rates as far as accuracy?

GameDayDog

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject:

On Memorial day, Amazon.com was selling it for $179... By the time my better half said I could splurge on the golf gps.. the price had jumped up to $230... Sad ... I think I'm going to wait to see if they have a Father's day sale...

The 30-day free thing sounds promising.. I thynk I'll sign up too.. but I won't pay $299 for it...

~G

CaddylackerJTF

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: app for iphone

apparently they have a free install for an iPhone 3g but it hasnt been available on the app store yet. Anyone know when it will be available, "coming soon" cant come soon enough for me?

http://www.golflogix.com/website/DownloadFree.aspx

steveray

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: app for iphone

CaddylackerJTF wrote:
apparently they have a free install for an iPhone 3g but it hasnt been available on the app store yet. Anyone know when it will be available, "coming soon" cant come soon enough for me?

http://www.golflogix.com/website/DownloadFree.aspx

In the Appstore on iTunes now. It's a 24 hour free trial. I like the app so far.

Mookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Neo

I have the NEO. Got it for $100 at '08 Christmas sale. Bushnell has the company now. Cheap, but works great, and has made my game better. Holds 10 courses, $30 for a one-year/100 courses membership. Few features - front, back, middle of green yardage, ability to map stuff on each hole (but that's kind of a pain, so I don't, but I use it to measure to traps, trees, carries, etc. for the next round. Will upgrade within a year, as technology, products improve.

activesense

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject:

I use the Golf Buddy Pro (B+W screen). Picked it up super cheap on ebay. I wanted a GPS primarily for measuring distance off the tee but I also use the distance to F/C/B of the green function. I have not yet fully explored the hazard measurement function as I haven't used it away from my home course yet (very few hazards and I know where to find them).
As this is my first GPS I cannot compare it to other brands, however I would personally rate it 4/5 stars.
The best feature is the no annual fees and no charge for course download. It can hold 20,000 courses which is more than most golfers would ever need.

It acquires satellites within 3 minutes and automatically identifies the course and hole you are on.

Battery life is pretty sound, they claim 13 hrs and I have had 10 1/2 out of it.

I believe it is one of the better golf GPS devices out there, although the other big names are catching up quickly, If they would only quit charging people subscriptions I maybe would have chosen a brand other than Golf Buddy.

I am going to stick with this device for a while and then re-evaluate the competition when the need to upgrade/replace arises.

SingleDigits

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject:

If you get GolfLogix on an iPhone, Blackberry, Windows smartphone, make sure to get an external bluetooth GPS puck. The native GPS on most cell phones is +/- 10 meters in accuracy.

The Lama

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: 220....221 whatever it takes!?!

I'm a little hesitant to believe that any of the GPS programs are spot on, or exact, with respect to distance, as they are all "walked off" at some point by a human. Furthermore, if you're not wearing long pants and happen to be carrying your own bag during your typical round of golf, I find it hard to believe you can differentiate between a few meters/yards with respect to distance. Add feel, carry, wind, elevation, lie, into the equation and I don't think the GPS's margin of error is your biggest concern.

Neal.R

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: GolfLogix GPS

I purchased the Golf Logix GPS-8 2 years ago. I find it very accurate, standing next to yardage markers, it is usually within a yard or two. Also, knowing exact yardage is helpfull on new courses, or blind shots. Also, for those of us who stray off the course layout as meant to be played, I can get exact yardage, something you cannot do with makers and stepping off.

So, yes, I a happy owner.
birdieXris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject:

I have a golf logix unit for sale. $100. It may need a new cord though. The connector cords are shotty. They fail a lot. I'm not going to use it anymore since i have my Bushnell laser and i'm going to purchase a SkyCaddie for my Xmas present this year Smile
DougE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject:

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure the Skycaddie is made by Garmin. Or at least, it's Garmin technology. I have seen a couple players using the new Skycaddie and it looks like it has very similar features to the Garmin Approach (which I have and love). The Garmin holds an unlimited number of courses---and comes with all that have been mapped in the country---with the ability to add new courses and revisions by free download. When I had the older version of Skycaddie (up until last season), I could only have 10 courses stored on the unit at one time. It cost me $50 a year to download whatever ones I needed from anywhere within the country. Is it still that way or unlimited now like the Garmin?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> New sticks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: