Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

hitting a draw with my driver

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

SingleDigits

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: hitting a draw with my driver

My normal ball flight is a draw but late last month all I could do was hit straight pushes to the right. I happened to be thumbing through an issue of Golf Digest and Hank Haney (or maybe it was Leadbetter) had an article with advice for draws and fades. He said focus on turning your shoulders level to the ground as you swing towards the ball.

I put this into action and voila, my draw came back.

I was also pushing my irons. This time I focused on making a full finish and not cutting off my follow-through. Voila, straight at the pin.

Bryan K

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject:

I'd like to add just a bit to this.

One small tip a local pro gave me a bit ago was, if you're having trouble with your follow through, assume the stance you want to be at when you finish your stroke...and hold it for a minute or two. This will give your muscles a little extra help that they might need to get there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Golf Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: