Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

What is your weather like now....??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Bryan K

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Looks like we have the front edge of a blizzard hitting the area as I type this. I've been texting back and forth with a friend who's stranded on a rural highway out in the middle of nowhere right now, and no one can come get him because there is no visibility. Ugh. It was so nice out these last few days. Some snow actually melted.

They are expecting 20", but that's not what troubles me. March and April blizzards are the worst because they usually start with rainfall which turns to ice when as soon as it hits the ground.

Man...I was hoping the local courses would be open by April 1, but that's not looking likely if this storm hits as bad as they think. I might be looking at May.

I've been seriously thinking about taking another vacation this month.

Joe Lim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Bryan K wrote:
Looks like we have the front edge of a blizzard hitting the area as I type this. I've been texting back and forth with a friend who's stranded on a rural highway out in the middle of nowhere right now, and no one can come get him because there is no visibility. Ugh. It was so nice out these last few days. Some snow actually melted.

They are expecting 20", but that's not what troubles me. March and April blizzards are the worst because they usually start with rainfall which turns to ice when as soon as it hits the ground.

Man...I was hoping the local courses would be open by April 1, but that's not looking likely if this storm hits as bad as they think. I might be looking at May.

I've been seriously thinking about taking another vacation this month.

that sucks where do you live lol

guzzlingil

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject:

no kidding...WOW!

Bryan K

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject:

Well...the good news is, we got virtually no snow. Maybe an inch. That means that April 1 is still a possibility if we see 40's and 50's the rest of the month like the forecast says.

The bad news is, we DID get a lot of ice. Everything is shiny and slick, and I have to go to work today. Driving in this is going to be a lot of fun.

mjaber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject:

I might actually get to the range this weekend. High 40's, low 50's this weekend.

Stilll too much snow for golf, though.

bkuehn1952

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject:

I figured this older post should be dusted off. Our weekend in Michigan was cool during the day (50 degrees F) with frost delays in the morning. Saturday, while I was playing, we had clouds, then a brief shower, then brilliant sun and blue skies. Near the end of the round an ominous black line started moving across the sky. As I putted for birdie on 15, ice pellets began to fall, then rain accompanied by thunder & lightning. The temperature dropped 10 degrees and the wind picked up. I took shelter in a restroom building until it blew over. Quite a day weather-wise but no where near what our east coast Oobers experienced.

guzzlingil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject:

Low 40's in the evening's....mid 70's during the day.....

SteveMM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject:

Rainy and cold over the weekend in Richmond, Virginia, but we missed the snow that hit north of here. This week looks to have highs in the 60s and lows in the low 40s. Not bad at all for golf during the day. I'm going to try to hit the driving range and play nine on Tuesday afternoon. I'm hoping I can get out there before the temperature starts to drop.
Dusty23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject:

woke up here on Cape Cod yesterday and saw a few small patches of snow on the ground, damp and rainy, cold. first weekend round of golf cancelled by weather this year since my first round back in March.
weather for the week looks like sunny, fifties and next weekend projected to be sunny, low sixties. consider myself lucky, other parts of the state had anywhere from a couple of inches to 2 ft of snow. i really hate living here.

jev

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject:

Lots of rain and wind during the week but the last couple of weekends have been great in the low countries. Temperatures varying from 35 in the early mornings up to 60°F in the afternoons, not much wind, dry. Two weeks ago we even hit 70... that's quite unheard this time of year!
DougE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Played golf on Friday afternoon in sunny, 53-degree weather. Within 24 hours it was snowing like crazy. Ended up with over 8 inches of wet snow, no power, no water, no heat and consequently, staying in a hotel a few towns south that did not lose power. The power companies are saying it could be a week before power is restored. But the temps are supposed to be back up in the 50s to near 60 this week, so I may be playing golf again before I have power back at my home. Most of the snow is already melted, but the damage is done. 5 times more tree damage than Hurricane Irene which hit here in the northeast a couple months ago. Over 1 million without power as of yesterday. Didn't stop me from practicing at the range earlier today though.

mjaber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject:

@ DougE. I got power back sometime yesterday morning. I was out with my daughter when it came back on. I couldn't use the snowblower on my driveway because of the rain we got before the snow. Most of my driveway was slush. It sucked.

jpjeffery

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Mild but dull. Perfectly golfable weather. If only I was fit!

Bryan K

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Mild here for this time of year. But it gets dark so early, there isn't time to golf after work anymore. And I've been waiting for almost a month now to hear whether I've been approved for a transfer to Phoenix. Ugh.

bkuehn1952

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Bryan K wrote:
I've been waiting for almost a month now to hear whether I've been approved for a transfer to Phoenix. Ugh.

I was worried you were depressed or had given up on golf. It is rare to go a week and not see a post from you. Good to see you are still active. Get out and play this weekend. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 2 of 45

Jump to: