Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

This is old, but with Saturday coming let's tell it again.

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

birdieXris

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: This is old, but with Saturday coming let's tell it again.

So Moses and Jesus meet an old man for golf one day. Moses draws honors and hits his drive. The ball starts to descend and looks to be going toward a small creek so Moses parts the water and the ball bounces harmlessly into the fairway.

Next, Jesus hits his drive. It's heading for the same creek but as it hits the water it skips across and lands safely in the fairway in front of Moses' ball.

Finally the old man tees up. He hits his drive and it lands in the creek. Just at that moment, a frog emerges with the ball in it's mouth and is immediately snatched up by an eagle flying towards the green. Over the green the eagle squeezes the frog and the ball drops out of his mouth onto the green where a strong gust of wind blows the ball into the hole for an ace. Moses turns to Jesus and says "Man, I really hate playing with your dad."

id3st

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject:

haha!

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Nice.. We should have a competition for the oldest golf joke. Here's mine. What do you do if caught in a thunderstorm on the golf course? Hold a one iron over your head. Even God can't hit a one iron.

player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject:

i think God can hit a 1-iron, god can do anything

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject:

You see player, everyone knows that God can do anything. He is Omniscient (all knowing)and Omnipotent (all powerful). In the golfing world, some people have more trouble with mis hits when swinging the longer irons. That's why the guy said "even God can't hit a one iron" It's what is known as sarcasm. Sometimes some people think sarcasm is funny. Get it now?.... By the way, Lee Trevino claims to have coined that joke.

Last edited by falcon50driver on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Banker85

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject:

I seen Trevino on Feheraty and he said he got struck by lightning the following week becasue he said that.

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject:

I seen Trevino on Feheraty and he said he got struck by lightning the following week becasue he said that.

I SAW Trevino on FEHERTY and he said he got struck by lightning the following week BECAUSE he said that.

Banker85

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject:

I thought you were mocking me when I posted about Player needing writing courses and the comment you made about me always starting my posts with "ya". I guess I have no room to talk, right?
DougE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Score one for the grammatical and editorial police, of which, I admit, I am one (albeit, self-appointed).

Merlin: Loved your sarcasm in the sarcasm explanation that you presented above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Golf Jokes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: