Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Hitting into other people

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Hitting into other people

Today on the 368 yard par 4 12th I chunked a 75 yard drive and had about 280 yards to go and I was in deep ruff and uphill and I thought I would never get there so I hit a 5 wood up the fairway with a 4 some on the green. The ball rolled up to the front of the green and as I was driving up to the green one of the guys in the 4 some shouted a series of F bombs at me an told me "to go suck your co*k" and he also knocked my ball into the woods in anger. Another guy then swung his club at me and I dived away just before he hit me. I drove off to the clubhouse and reported the incident, and fortunately those motherfuckers were booted from the course, but I 3 putted the 12th green and then shot a 9 on 15 as those jerks were stuck in my head.
DougE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject:

Wow, 5 wood from the deep rough, 280 out and you put it on? You are a monster man! That, quite frankly, is even better than your hole in one last week. If that doesn't qualify you for Golfer of the Week, I don't know what else will.

guzzlingil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject:

that's a big 5 wood.....

mjaber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject:

That's a pretty big golf cart, too, if you have room to "dive out of the way" of a swung golf club and still be in the cart.

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject:

That's, like, awesome, Please do the golfer of the week questionnaire.

Bryan K

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject:

I definitely do NOT want to play golf where you play.

But I do have a little bit of friendly advice. You seem to run into more altercations than anyone I know on the golf course, and this is coming from someone who goes out 150+ times a year. At some point, when one of these situations occur, just take a step back and look at what might happen before you try to engage a party in front of you. Maybe there is something subtle in your demeanor that is provoking people? I dunno...just a thought.

A guy I played with regularly named Sonny Skar was attacked with a sand wedge in the parking lot a couple of years ago after a rather upsetting round where he and another golfer got into an altercation. You can google the name. At any rate, I know Sonny. He has a personality that isn't compatible with everyone. I like the guy. But I can see how he might annoy some people, and even though his assailant deserved jail time for attacking him, I can't say that Sonny wasn't at least partially to blame.

I don't like to see people get hurt over situations that are easy solvable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Etiquette All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: