Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

course finder map.

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

George crawford

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: course finder map.

I'm looking for a way to center the course finder map to my home location. When I launch the feature it centers in my home state but a couple hundred miles away. And the courses near me list is not near me. Am I missing a setting somewhere?
DougE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Just left click, hold and move the map wherever you want. It will re-letter all the courses for you if you drag to a new area. So, if you can't see your area of interest when the map pops up, grab the map with the "hand" which will show when you left click and hold, and then just move the map in the direction you need to get to your locale. It's just like any google map.

George crawford

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject:

I know hoe to recenter the map but every time I go to course finder it starts off centered hundreds of miles away so it takes multiple drags to get to the area I live. It'd be nice if I defaulted to me home area.

Since I do 90% of my online stuff with a tablet, android and iPad, that dragging multiple times is not as quick and easy as it is with a mouse.
DougE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Hmmmmm. That's strange. My guess is that you have not listed a specific city in your profile. When I check out your game, only CA is shown under your name, whereas, on my game page, my CITY and state are listed. WHen I go to COURSE FINDER, the map pops up centered on my city. So, my advice would be to make sure your city is listed in your profile.

BTW, for the hell of it, I looked up one of the courses you have posted scores from and saw that it was in Modesto. So, I entered Modesto, CA on the Course Finder page (to the left of the map), hit search, and the new map popped up with Modesto dead center.

Sorry I misunderstood your original post. I thought you didn't realize you could move the map. Duh.

Hope my suggestion works for you.
DougE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Took me awhile to find how to check your city, but I finally found it. Go to YOUR GAME. Then down on the left hit EDIT SETTINGS under ACTIONS. Then select PROFILE from the green colored links toward the top of the page---just to the left of CHANGE PASSWORD. There you will have the opportunity to specify a city.

If that doesn't work, I give up.

Good luck.

George crawford

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject:

I'll give that a try.

George crawford

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject:

That was what I was looking for, just couldn't find it on my own... Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Ideas to Improve All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: