Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Introduce Yourself or RE-INTRODUCE Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Dusty23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject:

OOB Screen name: dusty23
Name: Dustin, ( hey MJaber, do they still have the statue of Hannah Dustin in downtown Haverhill, I was named after her, distantly related)
Home: Cape Cod Ma.
Home Course: Falcon Golf Course
Rnds per week: At least weekly, weather permitting
Rnds per year: 40+ for the last couple of years
Work: Communications Operations, Govt contractor, USAF
Previous: Chief Boatswains Mate, US Coast Guard (Retired)
Years Playing: Started in 82, played sporadically till 91, been hooked ever since.
In the Bag:
Driver: Cobra S2
3 & 5 Wd: Cobra S2
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 22*
Irons: Mizuno Mx-25, 5-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey, 50 & 54*
Putter: Titleist Cameron Newport
Favorite Courses: Cape Cod CC, The Brookside club, Bass River, Atlantic CC (Plymouth,MA)

mjaber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Dusty23 wrote:
hey MJaber, do they still have the statue of Hannah Dustin in downtown Haverhill, I was named after her, distantly related

They sure do.

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject:

Nice idea Doug. Not much has changed since the golfer of the week article, which ran a long time ago.http://oobgolf.com/content/golfer+of+the+week/3-227-Jess_McPhillips.html Everyone knows what I do for a living except my mom, she still believes I'm the piano player down at the Chicken Ranch. She'd be real disappointed to find out the truth. When I meet people on the golf course on my trips, I tell them I'm a shoe salesman.
DougE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject:

merlin3driver wrote:
Nice idea Doug. Not much has changed since the golfer of the week article, which ran a long time ago.http://oobgolf.com/content/golfer+of+the+week/3-227-Jess_McPhillips.html Everyone knows what I do for a living except my mom, she still believes I'm the piano player down at the Chicken Ranch. She'd be real disappointed to find out the truth. When I meet people on the golf course on my trips, I tell them I'm a shoe salesman.

Just checked out your old GOW article. I think lots has changed. Bet you aren't playing the same clubs. And I know you have played many new places since. A lot of the new people here didn't know any of that stuff about you. I've been here over 2 1/2 years and I didn't even know your name was Jess. I just know you as Merlin the pilot and the guy I can count on for a good wisecrack. And, one of our Oob team who has been calling out Player. Glad to meet you Jess.

fish dude

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Hey: new dude from Sisters, Oregon. I'm a flyfishing guide on the Deschutes river. Home course is Aspen Lakes in Sisters but play all over central Or. Heading down to Mesquite/ St. George area March 03 to play in some hopefully warmer climes...hit 'em straight.
bkuehn1952

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject:

fish dude wrote:
Hey: new dude from Sisters, Oregon.

Welcome to the club. Hope to hear from you regularly.
dartboss04

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject:

good idea doug...

Oob Screen Name: dartboss04

Name: Jordan

Home: Middletown, CT

Home Course:

None really. This year our work league is moving to Timberlin Golf Course, which is exciting and definitely an upgrade from Southington Country Club last year, so I'll play there a bunch of times. I try to get around all over the state. I joined BAGSCT at the end of last year as well. It is a traveling men's club that gets off on some great courses, public and private. Also, I go play on Cape Cod a few times a year with my Grandpa as well.

Rounds per week: About 2, in season

Rounds per year:

70+ times out last year, but probably won't be close this year, going to be a little more selective. Last year my addiction took over a bit.

Age (Range): almost 30

Work: Business Analyst, Insurance

Years at the Game:

Played a handful of times as a child, but picked up the game more seriously at 13 or 14. I started on my high school golf team, but we weren't that good.

Presently play:

I'm a club rat. Hopefully my wife will never figure out how to look through my individual scores to track the equipment changes.

Ping Rapture Driver
Burner Hybrids
Mizuno MP-53's
Vokey Wedges
Odyssey Black Series Blade

Favorite Courses I've Played:

Lake of Isles (North), Ledyard, CT
Lake of Isles (South), Ledyard, CT
Fox Hopyard, East Haddam, CT
TPC River Highlands, Cromwell, CT

Course To-Do-List 2012:

Crumpin-Fox, Bernardston, MA
Newport National, Middletown, RI
Great River (when it's not pouring), Milford, CT
Richter Park, Danbury, CT
Gilette Ridge, Bloomfield, CT

CeeBee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject:

OK Doug E I'm in:

Screen name: CeeBee
Name: Chris- married, 3 grown kids, 4 grand kids.
Home: Poolesville,Md.
Home course: None. But I play Poolesville and Glade Valley often. Also play all over Md, South Pa and North Va.
3-4 rnds per week.
90+ a year.
Work: Couple yrs in USMC way back. Retired from Montgomery County DOT after 35 yrs. I hate snow! Consulting firm picked me up. Am now a contract inspector working with contract paving crews.

Years in game: Picked up club for 1st time in '98. Talked into a scramble tourney.
Broke 90 in '03 and have been hooked since.

Favorite resort courses: Anywhere in the carribean.

Favorite courses I've played: Capital Hill and The Shoals on RTJ trail in Alabama. Played Congressional several years ago but was surprised that when the tents and crowds are gone it's just another golf course.

Bucket list for '12:
Half Moon Bay and White Witch in Jamaica.

Clubs: Taylor Made Superfast
Cobra 3&5
Callaway Diablo irons
Titleist vokey wedges
Odysey 2 ball putter

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject:

ceebee I can relate to you I have three grown children and 6 grandchildren, and like you I like the Caribbean. Also, I have played White Witch in Jamaica. I'd say it was one of the top ten I've played. Number ONE would have to be the Four Seasons on Nevis Island, next to St Kitts.

CeeBee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject:

I will be down there mid April, Merlin. Everything I read says MUST play. Should be great. Have not been to St Kitts yet but plenty of time.
DougE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject:

I have been to both St Kitts and Nevis. Unfortunately, I played no golf at either. It was before golf was my addiction. I spent a few years living in the islands aboard a boat and sailed to most of the islands in the West Indies from Puerto Rico almost all the way down to Venezuela. Lots of islands, many with great golf courses and I only played one, Mahogany Run on St. Thomas. Only once and not very well. My home base (marina) was in St. Thomas and as a result, I was considered a "local." This allowed me to play for 1/2 price. I can't believe, now that I am so addicted to golf, that I only played just that once. I missed out on a lot of fabulous golf in Paradise. (However, I got in some fantastic sailing and explored some beautiful islands.) Next time I go back, my clubs are coming, for sure.

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject:

I rented a 44ft ketch in St Thomas and sailed to several of the islands over a week. I remember we swam ashore on Jost Van Dyke with our passports in ziplock bags held in our teeth. We may have crossed paths down there Doug. That would have been around 1988 I'll have to dig out my logbooks. We went to Foxy's bar and met Foxy himself. There's a bar called the soggy dollar because I guess everybody comes ashore with their money in their bathing suit.
DougE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject:

merlin3driver wrote:
I rented a 44ft ketch in St Thomas and sailed to several of the islands over a week. I remember we swam ashore on Jost Van Dyke with our passports in ziplock bags held in our teeth. We may have crossed paths down there Doug. That would have been around 1988 I'll have to dig out my logbooks. We went to Foxy's bar and met Foxy himself. There's a bar called the soggy dollar because I guess everybody comes ashore with their money in their bathing suit.

I know Foxy's and Soggy Dollar Bar very well. Been there dozens of times. Soggy's is on White Beach in Yost and Foxy's is on the main harbor. You are correct about swimming into Soggy Dollar. It is a common practice there. New Year's Eve at Foxy's is the biggest party in the Caribbean. I was a charter captain for a few years and my guest's always requested a visit to Foxy's. It's one of the most well-known spots there is. Foxy is available for all to meet. He's now a 75 year old West Indian who---if you didn't know better---looks like he lives under a highway bridge or in a drainage pipe. In actuality he's a cool guy. Just to justify this post on this golf site, I should say, I don't think he plays golf.

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Great memories eh Doug? When we left, I made a low pass by their boat. At that time we had an old straight pipe Lear 24. The world's most efficient converter of jet fuel into noise that there is. Oh yeah, I didn't play golf until several years later either.

Fireworkz77

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Foreigner alert

Hi Guys

My OOB Name is Fireworkz77
Real name Ed.
From Dublin, Ireland

Just a beginner but I absolutely love the game. Playing about 3 years now and am captain of my Jobs golf society. We just played the K Club Ryder Cup Course (which held the Ryder Cup 2006) last Sunday and what a course it is.

Favorite course would have to be The Heritage in Co. Laois. This course was host to the Seve Trophy which is a ryder cup format match between GB & Ire and Europe. You guys ever played in Ireland? You gotta come and check it out

Laterz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: