Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Anyone tried the TaylorMade Burner SuperFast?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

jpjeffery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Anyone tried the TaylorMade Burner SuperFast?

I expressed an interest in a replacement driver to my golf teacher last night. This was because I had one hit with my friend's Ping on tuesday and it felt really good. I happened to hit it straight too but as it was only one swing it's not enough for me to use that alone as a reasonable sample base.

The thing is that the contact with that one well-hit swing felt better than any well-hit swing with my existing driver.

Anyway, he said he'd have a look at a website and make a recommendation based on the budget of £90-£100 I gave him and he came up with the TaylorMade Burner SuperFast Driver.

It looks really good from what I've read about it this morning and last night but my only concern is that the shaft is an inch longer than most (46", I think) which may detract from accuracy...

Still, around £95 for a club that originally retailed at £239 is pretty tempting.

What are your thoughts, folks?

Last edited by jpjeffery on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

birdieXris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject:

Well, my father just bought one. The white one. He likes it because it's so crazy light and with his shoulder surgeries and a superlight senior flex shaft he bombs it. I just never liked the graphics on the non-tour versions of Taylormade stuff. it's like a circus club sometimes. the gridwork on the old burner, all that stuff. Bleh.

he likes it though.
Dusty23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject:

I have used TM clubs at different times, 320 irons, 200 Steel Fairway woods and most recently an R7 Driver. There is no denying that TM makes some really good stuff and while I personally don't care for the white colors on the new stuff, I would say that if you can get a bargain on TM clubs you probably won't be disappointed in performance. Give them a good test drive and buy from a reputable source, watch out for counterfeit.

Duke of Hazards

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject:

if I'm not mistaken, GPICKIN was using one (Superfast) from middle of last year up until recently when he got something different.

jpjeffery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for your responses, guys.

I'm probably going to get one (from that GolfBidder.co.uk wbsite, which has an excellent reputation). It's just that extra inch which is slightly worrying me, but they do have a 7 Day No Quibble Money Back guarantee...

CeeBee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject:

I play that club. 2 year old model and I like it.

jpjeffery

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Well, I got to try one out today after driving over to the GolfBidder shop. Man, that trip was a mission: The traffic before, then through, and after Tooting was just dreadful.

Anyway, I have never hit a golf ball so far!

But how much of that was the club, the fact that I was on the first deck of the range rather than the ground floor, or my adjusted/corrected technique from my lesson on Wednesday?

pigguswiggus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject:

I play what looks to be the exact driver that you linked. I purchased it after hitting 5-6 drivers. I was getting good results with all the clubs I hit, but this club just looked better, felt better, and something about the look just gave me more confidence. At this point, after owning the club for almost 2 years, I am still happy with my purchase and don't plan on upgrading any time soon.

jpjeffery

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject:

Thanks, Piggus. I'm pretty much sold on it, just trying to decide whether to buy a used one for £99 or a new one for £149.

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject:

50 bucks is 50 bucks. Or do you call them bucks over there?

jrbizzle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject:

Not sure if the extra 1" is still an issue, but you can always choke down a bit.
bkuehn1952

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject:

merlin3driver wrote:
50 bucks is 50 bucks. Or do you call them bucks over there?

Probably use one of those Brit expressions like "quid". As G. B. Shaw said, the English and Americans are two peoples separated by a common language.

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Nice quote BK. thanks....

gpickin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Duke was right.

I have used the Superfast 1.0 (the one prior to the white one) from June to 2 weeks ago.

I loved the club... the only reason I switched was to a X STIFF shaft, the one i had was only STIFF

Its a great club, not too light like the 2.0
My friends just bought a 1.0 recently because of the price drop as well, and love it.

Sounds like you like it, can't say anything bad about it, so scoop it up.

I wouldn't pay extra for the 2.0 because its only 6 yards longer, and the LIGHTER feel make it tougher to KNOW where it was.
Save your coin, unless you love the white.

PS:
Now, I have the R11, mainly because I could switch the shafts and play with settings, and I REALLY needed the X STIFF

jpjeffery

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject:

gpickin wrote:
I wouldn't pay extra for the 2.0 because its only 6 yards longer

Ah, no, what I meant was £99 for a used v1.0 or £149 for a new v1.0. Not considering the v2.0 at all.

And yes, I do like it. I tried five other clubs the following day, including the v2.0 and didn't like any of them much...but then, it was cold, windy and rainy, so the bays were wet and I didn't wear my golf shoes (stupid mistake) which meant my feet slipped causing thins and fats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: