Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

How did you Choose your Oob name?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

birdieXris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: How did you Choose your Oob name?

I thought this might have been done... but i can't find it in the forums. Someone point me to it if it's there, but i find myself reading some names of people i know and wondering - how did they come across that name? Some are easy to understand, others not so much. Some are probably inside jokes. Just thought i'd throw it out there.

How did you choose your oob handle??

I came on mine because i can always count on one birdie per round no matter how bad the rest of it is. Also, for some reason i enjoy spelling chris with an X.

guzzlingil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject:

brother in law says I drink beer faster than water....

first name is Gil....

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject:

One of my first flying jobs was with the Merlin III C. The "San Antonio Sewerpipe" Called that, because it was built in San Antonio and the fuselage looked like a piece of Pipe. It's real name is Fairchild Swearingen Metroliner.
jarick098

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject:

My first and last name combined. 98 is my jersey number for hockey. So nothing to do with golf.
bkuehn1952

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject:

Brian "b" Kuehn "kuehn" Year I was born "1952". And thus the creation of bkuehn1952. Yes, I agree, sadly lacking in originality but it is something I can remember (most of the time Wink )

mjaber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject:

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Brian "b" Kuehn "kuehn" Year I was born "1952". And thus the creation of bkuehn1952. Yes, I agree, sadly lacking in originality but it is something I can remember (most of the time Wink )

I am only slightly less original, as it is simply my first initial, and last name.

I used to have my name as "wakko0129", which was my AOL screen name way back when. That was from the Animaniacs cartoon. Wakko was one of the Warner Brothers. 0129 was the last 4 digits of my first cell phone number.
Dusty23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject:

Nothing exciting here, Dusty is my nickname (given name is Dustin) 23 was my number playing soccer and hockey and like BK it is easy to remember
DougE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject:

Since my real name is Bond, James Bond, I just thought I should pick a name to disguise myself and allow me to blend in with you regular people.
bkuehn1952

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject:

DougE wrote:
Since my real name is Bond, James Bond, I just thought I should pick a name to disguise myself and allow me to blend in with you regular people.

Ha! I wish I had thought of that response. Wink
srogers13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject:

DougE wrote:

For lack of an eight letter word being censored in here, I am going to call PLAYER on you Doug. (For the uninitiated, that means BS)

legitimatebeef

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject:

I just kind of latched on to the phrase a while back. It always sort of caught my ear I guess. It reminds me of righteous indignation, which to me is a powerful and underrated human impulse. It's important to have a clear sense of right and wrong especially when you live in an annoying, culturally and ethically rudderless world (aka New York City). Its also fun because it sounds like the name of a big meat packing consortium or something.

Bryan K

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject:

I started out being called bjohn13. That's a handle I use everywhere on the net going back to the 1980's. I get pissed off when I try to make an account somewhere, and bjohn13 is already taken.

For the record, John is my middle name. And I was born on March 13, so that's where the 13 comes from. I always wore number 13 playing sports, too. I never really went out of my way to get the number. I just always ended up with it. Except for one softball team one summer where I was given the number 12. That season was a little awkward. That was also my first year playing any position besides pitcher, and I hit .126 playing fastpitch. It was a horrible year, but I stayed in the starting lineup because I was the only one on the team who could flip a double play at second base.

But whether we're talking about softball, baseball, or basketball, 13 was always my number except for that one summer.

After my first summer here, I decided that I wanted to be recognized by people I know. I changed my name to my full name, but that gave off the aura that people should know who I am. It seemed kind of arrogant, so I shortned my last name to just my last initial.
SteveMM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject:

First name ... middle initial ... last name initial.

borrrrrrrinnnnnnnng

mjaber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject:

SteveMM wrote:
First name ... middle initial ... last name initial.

I was thinking that you were such a big fan of M&M's that you named one Steve.

legitimatebeef

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Also meant to point out that the doofus my avatar is not me, it's a fictional character from "the Onion" called Jim Anchower. It's just a picture that has always made me laugh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: