Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Hole In One...No witnesses
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> What's the right Ruling?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

joe jones

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Hole In One...No witnesses

My first hole in one was unwitnessed. I went home and told my wife and got little comfort. ( Non golfer ) A few days later she handed me a plaque that stated

Dear Lord, Please grant me one legitimate hole in one before I die

My question to oob golfers. Was my hole in one legitimate?

H Head

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Hole In One...No witnesses

joe jones wrote:
My first hole in one was unwitnessed. I went home and told my wife and got little comfort. ( Non golfer ) A few days later she handed me a plaque that stated

Dear Lord, Please grant me one legitimate hole in one before I die

My question to oob golfers. Was my hole in one legitimate?

To you Joe....YES....to everyone else it will always remain suspect w/o a witness....sad but true

mschad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject:

Congrats Joe!
Witnessed or not, you got one! Still waiting for mine.

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject:

Yeah shuuuuuuuure. We believe it, don't we guys? Where's our free beer?

birdieXris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject:

It's definitely legit. Unfortunately to everyone else without a signature and witness it will be speculation. I'm unsure if you can register it either Sad i would assume you could. Find someone at the club that knows you maybe they'll sign for your character Smile
srogers13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject:

We would believe most people in this forum. However, no names like Player or anyone mentioned, there might be a few people we would be highly skeptical of.
jarick098

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject:

i might be persuaded to believe it, if there's a score posted to support.

jk. C'grats dude!

Jbeck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject:

21 years and I am still waiting for my first one. Heck yes it is legit, who would lie about that. congrats
DougE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Jbeck wrote:
21 years and I am still waiting for my first one. Heck yes it is legit, who would lie about that. congrats

PLAYER?

player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Hi. Sure it`s legit.
joe jones

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Doug E

What does player? mean

falcon50driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject:

What exactly would make it not legitimate? When I made my first hole in one, it was on the 11th hole of my second 18 that day. The fellow I was playing with said "you know it doesn't count if it's not on a full score card" So we hurried up and finished the round before sunset. To make it "legitimate" according to him. When I won the Mustang GT for the tournament Hole in one, all the witnesses had to sign affidavits for the insurance company that it was my first shot and was not a mulligan, and they required an article from the newspaper to be included in the paperwork.
DougE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Doug E

joe jones wrote:
What does player? mean

Player is a member here on oob who has, shall we say, a bit of a wild imagination.

He claims incredible rounds, yet doesn't enter any scores on Oob and makes excuses why he doesn't. We have all called him on it to no avail. He used to enter his scores when he shot in the mid-high 90s, but now, he tells us he shoots in the low 70s.

Check back to some of his posts from a few years ago, and then again to some of his more recent ones. It's an ongoing tale that is too long to explain, but you'll get the gist of it by looking back to his posts from 2009 when he was 11, then a couple years later when he is now 27 or 28 with a couple kids, and tells us that he only said he was 11 to make people like him. I don't want to spoil it for you. Read some of his posts. Some of his jokes from 2 years ago are legendary, albeit nonsensical.

I get a kick out of hearing from him on here, though others have had enough.

Player, are you out there? Weigh in here.
joe jones

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Doug E

Thanks for the enlightenment. Your posting went over my head but now I understand. I have looked at several of Players postings and will continue if for no other reason but to have a laugh. There are two types of people that post strange scores. Vanity posters that are trying to get a fictional low handicap. They are normally not dangerous to anyone but themselves because the rarely try to play in any event that is worth while. I take them with a grain of salt.
The other type posts only high scores so he can sandbag in an event against honest golfers. He's the same guy that finds lost balls that he finds in his back pocket and kicks his ball out of hazards and from behind trees. They are dangerous and should be despised by all.

player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject:

What
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> What's the right Ruling? All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: