Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

Wedge Trajectory

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author

Sanonuke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Wedge Trajectory

Hi. I started playing golf in middle school and ended up getting burnt out by the time golf season came around in high school. Before quitting for several years I actually played very well in middle school, winning 2 of the 4 tournaments I played in and placed top 5 in the other 2. I played off and on from the beginning of college and only in the past few months have I started bearing down and practicing to make the team at my college. On my home course I do very well, but that is not saying much considering it is not much more than a 6,000 yard par 71 course. As of right now I shoot low 70s fairly consistently. One thing I am curious about now versus when I played in middle school, is my wedge trajectory, and for that matter, my 9i and pitching wedge as well. Unless I am hitting a 3 quarter shot or less, it seems as though I cannot hit anything but a very high shot.I was wondering about what I need to do to start the ball out lower or keep it from going insanely high in appropriate situations. I have practiced and practiced this shot but I get the same result each attempt. Before I quit playing, this was my go to shot 120 yds and in because I was surprisingly accurate and could control the ball so much more. I do have spin-milled grooves on my wedges which don't really do anything for me if I'm hitting the high, steep dropping ball flight every wedge shot. Anyways, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
bkuehn1952

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject:

Sanonuke

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Thanks! Sounds interesting and logical. I'll give it a go as soon as this storm passes through and I can get out to the range and course again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: