Not a member? Join now to track your game, create a group, find courses, find golfers, and browse equipment all for FREE.
Forums:   Index  |  Search  |  Forum FAQ  |  Private Messages

What is the longest iron you have in your bag?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the longest iron you have in your bag (excluding hybrids)?
1 iron
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
2 iron
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
3 iron
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
4 iron
23%
 23%  [ 8 ]
5 iron
32%
 32%  [ 11 ]
6 iron
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
7 iron
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I play all hybrids
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 34

Author

Bryan K

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject:

Duke of Hazards wrote:

Looks like you have the Adams MB Pro Blacks. Those look awesome. I'm thinking about switching to forged for my next set, since I get occassional distance anomalies with my current casted set. Are the muscle-backs a lot harder to hit?

The short answer is "yes".

The long answer is that upgrading to blades has done more for my iron game than anything else I have ever done. But there was a lot of frustration that went into learning how to hit them....learning how to properly take a divot, which is something I still struggle with. I still really struggle with the 5i and 6i. But they are extremely accurate when I hit them square.

jpjeffery

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject:

A four iron (I also have a 4 and a 3 hybrid).

I quite like it.

Duke of Hazards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Bryan K wrote:
Duke of Hazards wrote:

Looks like you have the Adams MB Pro Blacks. Those look awesome. I'm thinking about switching to forged for my next set, since I get occassional distance anomalies with my current casted set. Are the muscle-backs a lot harder to hit?

The long answer is that upgrading to blades has done more for my iron game than anything else I have ever done. But there was a lot of frustration that went into learning how to hit them....learning how to properly take a divot, which is something I still struggle with. I still really struggle with the 5i and 6i. But they are extremely accurate when I hit them square.

thanks for the long and short of it. I've started hitting all my clubs better recently, and I get good contact and compression consistently, but would like more feedback than what I'm getting now. not sure about the jump to pure players' musclebacks, looking at something like the Mizuno mp-59's or the new Adams CMB clubs coming out that are kind of a hybrid 1/2 cavity with backweights. that being said, you can't argue with the sheer beauty of the clean, thin topline MB clubs, I guess I'm just a little intimidated by them, that's all. I wish I could try them out first.

player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject:

c'mon man, NO ONE carries all hybrids!

sjduffers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject:

player wrote:

Are you calling me a liar, player? I said in a post above that my whole set (3-pw) is hybrid: Cleveland XLI if you want to know what it is. It's actually ok for the most part, but my next set will be true irons, probably MBs, up to at least 6i... Not that it matters what you're gaming when it's all virtual on the PS3, right? Grow up!

barbajo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject:

Started carrying a 5 iron with the new MP-59's this year - hitting it pretty well. Also picked up last year's Cleveland Mashie 3 & 4 hybrids. Those things are beasts. Very surprising! Shocked

Bryan K

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Bryan K wrote:
Duke of Hazards wrote:

thanks for the long and short of it. I've started hitting all my clubs better recently, and I get good contact and compression consistently, but would like more feedback than what I'm getting now. not sure about the jump to pure players' musclebacks, looking at something like the Mizuno mp-59's or the new Adams CMB clubs coming out that are kind of a hybrid 1/2 cavity with backweights. that being said, you can't argue with the sheer beauty of the clean, thin topline MB clubs, I guess I'm just a little intimidated by them, that's all. I wish I could try them out first.

Playing a parital cavity is a good compromise. I went from the Adams Tight Lies clubs to their partial cavity set before I went to the MB's. There are still some days where I feel like I should be playing the partial cavities. Today, for instance, I was hitting everything thin. I was just scared to take a divot.

Jbeck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject:

5I, I can still hit the 4 Iron but it has been replaced with a hybrid, the 4 hybrid hits so much higher it is worth having, plus it's alot easier to get out of the rough than the 4 iron for me.

player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject:

sjduffers wrote:
player wrote:

Are you calling me a liar, player? I said in a post above that my whole set (3-pw) is hybrid: Cleveland XLI if you want to know what it is. It's actually ok for the most part, but my next set will be true irons, probably MBs, up to at least 6i... Not that it matters what you're gaming when it's all virtual on the PS3, right? Grow up!

A pitching wedge hybrid? Yeah right. And how did you know I have a ps3?

mjaber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject:

player wrote:
sjduffers wrote:
player wrote:

It is true. I think Cobra and Adams may have made, or might still make a set as well. The pitching wedge and shorter irons don't look like a "hybrid" like you would buy off the rack. They look like a combination of a standard wedge/short iron and a hybrid. Still, you really should stop calling people liars. You know what they say about people in glass houses.

Bryan K

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject:

mjaber wrote:
player wrote:
sjduffers wrote:
player wrote:

It is true. I think Cobra and Adams may have made, or might still make a set as well. The pitching wedge and shorter irons don't look like a "hybrid" like you would buy off the rack. They look like a combination of a standard wedge/short iron and a hybrid. Still, you really should stop calling people liars. You know what they say about people in glass houses.

They should masturbate in the basement?

sjduffers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Bryan K wrote:
mjaber wrote:
player wrote:
sjduffers wrote:
player wrote:

They should masturbate in the basement?

Cleveland XLI (check my equipment page). Yes, the pitching wedge almost looks like a "normal" one, just a little beefier on the back, but the whole set is hybrid nonetheless. It was a good idea to buy that set at the time (4-5 years ago). I have outgrown it, for the short and mid-irons, and my next set will be more traditional, while I will probably be keeping the 3 and 4 "irons" (hybrids) from the current set.

player, you are just a bumbling fool!

Btw, how do I know that you have a PS3, player? Simple, genius: I mentioned once something about you spending all your time on an Xbox instead of being at a course and your comeback was: "I don't have an Xbox, duh, I have a PS3", or some such. Even, if you had not said anything, it's pretty obvious that you are not a real golfer, just a (game console) player, and so the odds are about 50/50 that you have a PS3 or an Xbox (or even both!). QED.

player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I don`t have an xbox, just a ps3(and a ps2)

mjaber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject:

player wrote:
I don`t have an xbox, just a ps3(and a ps2)

And a BS degree.
joe jones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: All hybrid irons

Sorry to bust somebodies bubble but I play with a all hybrid iron set 3 though PW and have just ordered the sand wedge to match. Took me a while to adapt but now I am hitting them well, with confidence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    oobgolf Forum Index -> Open Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: